Re: emacs locked when internet connection is cut... [+ help-gnu-emacs:

From: Jean-Christophe Helary
Subject: Re: emacs locked when internet connection is cut... [+ help-gnu-emacs: Invalid read syntax: ")" ]
Date: Mon, 7 May 2018 17:03:24 +0900

This must be a bug...

When I reconfigured emacs with  --enable-checking='yes,glyphs' --enable-check-lisp-object-type CFLAGS='-O0 -g3', to attach gdb, I ended up with a build that generated an "Invalid read syntax ")" error every time I started emacs *even though I had not modified my init file* (~/.emacs.el).

Once I reverted to a normal configuration, that same init file was evaluated without any issues.

Also, When I was running emacs -q on that modified configuration the issue seemed to center on the (require 'package) line, but when I commented it out I still had the same error...

What can I do to investigate this ?

Jean-Christophe