Re: emacs locked when internet connection is cut...

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: emacs locked when internet connection is cut...
Date: Wed, 02 May 2018 17:56:08 +0300

> From: Jean-Christophe Helary <address@hidden>
> Date: Wed, 2 May 2018 15:56:27 +0900
>
> I've reconfigured emacs to make debugging easier (./configure
> --enable-checking='yes,glyphs'
> --enable-check-lisp-object-type CFLAGS='-O0 -g3') re-"make install"-ed it and
> launched gdb attached to its
> PID.
>
> I can't seem to be able to run gdb and attach emacs without getting a lot of
> error messages so I'm wondering
> if there is a better way to get what you need to investigate into this issue.

Which error messages do you get?  They could be just warnings that can
be disregarded, ore they could be problems that will get in the way
when you run Emacs under GDB in any other way.  So please show the
messages.

Hoe to run Emacs under GDB in a way that will allow you to get control
back to GDB is described in etc/DEBUG.  However, attaching GDB to a
running Emacs is much easier, so maybe it's worth your while to invest
some additional effort into trying to use that.