Re: [Duplicity-talk] webdav in trunk broken - File /tmp/... not found lo

From: Michael Terry
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] webdav in trunk broken - File /tmp/... not found locally after get from backend
Date: Thu, 8 May 2014 09:21:03 -0400

On 8 May 2014 04:06, <address@hidden> wrote:
i diffed my urlparse.py(attached) against your's .. there seem to be differences that could account for the netloc missing error. i suggest you compile yourself a python 2.6.0 and run against it. mine is from an old OpenSUSE 11.1 production system, that i can't update anymore.

Yikes.  OpenSUSE 11.1 is way end-of-life (January 2011).  Even RHEL6 has Python 2.6.6.
-mt

On 08.05.2014 00:28, Michael Terry wrote:
> On 6 May 2014 10:28, <address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:
>
>     how do you test it? i
>     - branched out lp:duplicity
>     - copied a compiled _librsync.so (from an installed duplicity) into duplicity folder
>     - added '..' to syspath in bin/duplicity so it would run from there
>

> I do:
>
> bzr branch lp:duplicity/0.7-series
> cd 0.7-series

me to

> (cd duplicity && ./compilec.py)

ok, i copied a compiled so file, but hey

> cp ../config.py ./testing/manual/
> ./testing/manual/backendtest

essentially the same

> You don't *have* to edit bin/duplicity to add '..' -- if you run anything from the testing/ directory, it will set up PYTHONPATH for you.  If you are running duplicity manually, you could do:
>
> PYTHONPATH=. ./bin/duplicity ARGS

good idea..

i diffed my urlparse.py(attached) against your's .. there seem to be differences that could account for the netloc missing error. i suggest you compile yourself a python 2.6.0 and run against it. mine is from an old OpenSUSE 11.1 production system, that i can't update anymore.

..ede