Re: [Duplicity-talk] Failures w/ S3 backend

From: Peter Schuller
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Failures w/ S3 backend
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 21:55:09 +0100

> you have a good deal of flags I'm not using. I presume --s3-european-
> buckets doesn't affect me, but the remaining are worth a try. Thanks.

As far as I am aware none of them should cause these discrepancies,
but they should not *hurt* either.

> > PATH, SETNAME and BUCKET were the only replacements for privacy.
> >
> is this for privacy or security? I haven't filtered mine in my logs
> on the basis that if someone has my AWS id and secret key they can do
> whatever they want, while if they don't, just knowing the bucket name
> shouldn't help, should it?

Strictly privacy. It's not my private backups, and while I may not
have a problem exposing the name of a private bucket, I tend to be
extra paranoid about giving out information about other people or
organizations regardless of whether it is technically sensitive.

--
/ Peter Schuller

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <address@hidden>'
Key retrieval: Send an E-Mail to address@hidden