Re: [Duplicity-talk] Strange problem using duplicity

From: Boudewijn Ector
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Strange problem using duplicity
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 00:58:29 +0100

Joshua Bacher wrote:
Heyho,

i am not a real experienced duplicity user or developer, but i'd have a
bad feeling on backing up everything that is beyond /dev or /proc. If you are backing up ,,/'' consider excluding some directorys from being backed up. There is a switch for that.

cheers joshua

Hi Joshua (and others),

Just backupping /home works pretty well indeed. Strange.

Another small question:

I've got a hoster (for backup) without rsync\ssh support, but they offer ftps. How hard will it be to implement ftps instead of ftp support into duplicity? I'm familiar with Python and Msc student in software engineering, so I should know my way around.

Cheers,

Boudewijn Ector