Re: [Duplicity-talk] Strange problem using duplicity

From: Boudewijn Ector
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Strange problem using duplicity
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 00:23:22 +0100

Joshua Bacher wrote:
Heyho,

i am not a real experienced duplicity user or developer, but i'd have a
bad feeling on backing up everything that is beyond /dev or /proc. If you are backing up ,,/'' consider excluding some directorys from being backed up. There is a switch for that.

cheers joshua

Hi Joshua,

Sure, but the guys at debian-administration do it like this (I'm just doing exactly the same, except for using ftp instead of scp). I'll give it a shot using a smaller directory, just for testing, thanks for the hint :).

Cheers,

Boudewijn Ector