Re: [Duplicity-talk] Re: dbus patch

From: Dan Muresan
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Re: dbus patch
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2008 14:18:32 +0200

> Hence dbus (or any IPC).  I'm a little surprised at all the resistance
> to dbus.  Here's my pitch again:

It seems that dbus has a polarizing effect on people. This is not the
first time I've seen it. Generally speaking, people who dislike dbus
resonate more to perceived quality / software engineering principles /
"the smell-test", while people who like it tend to focus on the benefits
it brings to the desktop user.

I'm not saying one or the other are right -- but it's hard to persuade
either camp by using the other camp's arguments :)

-- Dan