Re: [Duplicity-talk] Re: dbus patch

From: Michael Terry
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Re: dbus patch
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 20:25:22 -0500

On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 2:29 PM, Dan Muresan <address@hidden> wrote:
> But, again, as an optional component, I don't see any problems with
> dbus; and when multiple processes will actually need to watch the same
> duplicity, perhaps dbus will become indispensable :)

You sound like you doubt the usefulness of such a thing.  :)  I could
imagine at least one scenario in which it would be useful: a
panel/notification-area applet that watches for duplicity processes
from cron or my frontend and provides feedback/control on it.

For something like that, dbus makes it very easy.

-mt