Re: [Duplicity-talk] Re: dbus patch

From: Dan Muresan
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Re: dbus patch
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2008 20:35:57 +0200

> From my perspective (targetting desktop users), 1M isn't bad, but Dan,
> you're coming at this from a tiny server perspective.  Would 1M break
> the duplicity bank?

As you point out, it all depends on the perspective... I guess my "vote"
is against "desktop"-izing duplicity as a development direction...

Stepping back a bit, what would glib integration bring? Duplicity
doesn't seem like a very interactive type of application -- it seems
similar to ssh / scp / ssh-askpass, for example.

If we're talking merely about pausing / aborting operation based on
front-end requests, wouldn't SIGSTOP / SIGINT, or perhaps a very simple
"control socket" mechanism, do?

-- Dan