Re: [Duplicity-talk] parallel install of different versions

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] parallel install of different versions
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2008 10:07:54 -0500

Edgar Soldin wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> is it possible to install two different versions in parallel? How can I
> achieve this?
> It is for testing before switching versions.
>
> regards ede

To check out from CVS, use the following:

$  cvs -z3 \
-d:pserver:address@hidden:/sources/duplicity \
co -r v0_5_00 duplicity

Note the '-r v0_5_00' -- This tells cvs to check out the 0.5.00 version
of the package.  I quite often release code in between versions which
means that the only fully tested package is a tagged version.  At the
moment, you don't need it, but will in a few days.

The README file has info on how to run multiple versions and what you'll
need in terms of other packages, etc.

...Ken