Re: [Duplicity-talk] Newbie Ubuntu Problems

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Newbie Ubuntu Problems
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 10:47:12 -0500

Ian Barton wrote:
>>> Except for verify, everything should have worked as far as I can tell.
>>> Please upgrade to 0.4.3 and try again.  It should be in the repositories
>>> by now.  If not, download it from:
>> IIRC, 0.4.2 was completely broken on Feisty, because of Python 2.5, wasn't
>> it?
>
> I have tried on my Gutsy computer and it still seems to be 0.4.2 (fresh
> install of Gutsy). I got the same problems trying to restore. FYI the
> backup was done from server on my network to another server on my
> network (both running Feisty) and I also tried backing up to a remote
> server.
>
> I removed the package and installed the latest release candidate
> manually. After a brief test this seems to be working correctly, I can
> now restore stuff. I'll report any problems I find after more thorough
> testing.
>
> Searching Launchpad only seems to show one report on duplicity:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/duplicity/+bug/141327
>
> When I have done some more testing, I'll post a comment. Having a backup
> program that won't restore is a critical bug IMHO, even if it's not
> directly duplicity's fault.

Thanks for taking the time to test this.  Be aware that there are some
bugs in the RC1 package if you picked that one up.  A new RC2 will be
out later today that fixes those and others.

Duplicity is now being actively maintained by me at:

https://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/duplicity/

Ubuntu, Debian, and Fedora maintainers, plus others, have submitted bugs
and patches.  If you find a problem with the recent code, please post to
the bug list in the site above.  If you want to be more actively
involved, subscribe to the mailing list.

...Thanks,
...Ken