Re: [Duplicity-talk] Newbie Ubuntu Problems

From: Ian Barton
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Newbie Ubuntu Problems
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 16:24:37 +0100

>>> If I upgrade to the current version is this likely to fix these
>>> problems? Am I doing something dumb?
>> Except for verify, everything should have worked as far as I can tell.
>> Please upgrade to 0.4.3 and try again.  It should be in the repositories
>> by now.  If not, download it from:
>
> IIRC, 0.4.2 was completely broken on Feisty, because of Python 2.5, wasn't it?

I have tried on my Gutsy computer and it still seems to be 0.4.2 (fresh
install of Gutsy). I got the same problems trying to restore. FYI the
backup was done from server on my network to another server on my
network (both running Feisty) and I also tried backing up to a remote
server.

I removed the package and installed the latest release candidate
manually. After a brief test this seems to be working correctly, I can
now restore stuff. I'll report any problems I find after more thorough
testing.

Searching Launchpad only seems to show one report on duplicity:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/duplicity/+bug/141327

When I have done some more testing, I'll post a comment. Having a backup
program that won't restore is a critical bug IMHO, even if it's not
directly duplicity's fault.

Ian.