[DotGNU]compiling xsharp - problem with libs (generic)

From: Jakob Praher
Subject: [DotGNU]compiling xsharp - problem with libs (generic)
Date: 29 Sep 2002 17:27:34 +0200

hi all,

I have the following problem compiling dotgnu-libs-xsharp:
(using cscc from dotgnu-pnet/pnet cvs repo)

Display.cs - IDictionaryEnumerator MoveNext can not be found!

I think the problem is that of a version problem with the assemblies I
have installed.

Is it enough to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to control assembly resolution, or
how is, for instance mscorlib.dll found for linking, like:

cscc -lmscorlib -o superapp myassembly.cs

does it behave like cc, or ld in this respect?
if yes - it would be great to implement a pkgconfig database file for
dotgnu-pnet - so that we can use the unified 'pkgconfig' to get all the
compiler flags...

but perhaps I am totally wrong here - you know I drink a lot of java
these days ;-)

btw:
are you planing on integrating the generics spec from m$ research - how
does it play given that cvm is a typed instruction set?

nice sunday