Re: [DotGNU]compiling xsharp - problem with libs (generic)

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]compiling xsharp - problem with libs (generic)
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 04:49:27 +0530

If memory serves me right, Jakob Praher wrote:
> I have the following problem compiling dotgnu-libs-xsharp:
> (using cscc from dotgnu-pnet/pnet cvs repo)
>
> Display.cs - IDictionaryEnumerator MoveNext can not be found!
>
> I think the problem is that of a version problem with the assemblies I
> have installed.

2002-09-28  Rhys Weatherley  <address@hidden>

        * codegen/cg_resolve.c, cscc/csharp/cs_stmt.tc: scan the parents
        of interface classes in "foreach"; make "foreach" robust against
        failure of property/method resolution.

Was my mistake originally , I was checking only for the "GetEnumerator"
method and not for "IDictionaryEnumerator.GetEnumerator" method ... or
something like this ...

> are you planing on integrating the generics spec from m$ research - how
> does it play given that cvm is a typed instruction set?

Hmm... And I thought CVM was a pointer based instruction set ... My
guess would be that , CVM does not carry enough metadata to be called
"typed" ..

Gopal