[DotGNU]Portable.Net Status Page - System Types and Attributes

From: Jonathan P Springer
Subject: [DotGNU]Portable.Net Status Page - System Types and Attributes
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 08:20:24 -0400

All,

As I started hacking on System.Xml, I've been trying to stick to what
shows up on the Portable.NET status page

        http://www.dotgnu.org/pnetlib-status/System.Xml.html

However, I'm confused about whether two things are really Portable.NET
problems or script problems.  To wit:

<SNIP>
class XmlConvert...

    // Convert a string to a signed byte value.
        [CLSCompliant(false)]
        public static sbyte ToSByte(String s)
                {
                return SByte.Parse(s, NumberStyles.AllowLeadingSign |

NumberStyles.AllowLeadingWhite |
                                      NumberStyles.AllowTrailingWhite,
                                   NumberFormatInfo.InvariantInfo);
            }
</SNIP>

This method shows up twice on the list.  Once because it returns 'sbyte'
instead of 'System.SByte' and once because its attribute is
'[CLSCompliant(false)]' instead of '[CLSCompliantAttribute(false)]'.
Are these problems in the implementation or problems in the script?  If
they're implementation issues, I'll happily correct them.  If they're
script issues, I'm afraid we'll need a Python-tamer to help.

Input greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
-js

--
-Jonathan P Springer <address@hidden>
"A standard is an arbitrary solution to a recurring problem." - Joe Hazen