Re: [DotGNU]Setting up a dotGNU test machine from scratch

From: Jakob Praher
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Setting up a dotGNU test machine from scratch
Date: 29 Sep 2002 17:00:48 +0200

Am Don, 2002-09-26 um 23.56 schrieb Keith Christian:
> Could someone point me to a web page or resource for setting up a dotGNU
> system from SCRATCH?
>
> I am not clueless about Linux or programming but AM clueless about how to set
> up dotGNU.
>
> Available to me are two PC's networked with a simple hub (300Mhz, 64MB Ram on
> one,  400Mhz, 96MB Ram on the other) that have Mandrake 8.1 on them, and would
> like to know:
>
> 1. *Exactly* what stuff to download from the southern-storm site

as you are using Mandrake you could get an rpm - I think Gopal has built
rpm packages .

> 2. A suggested directory structure for building the system (tar zxf,
> configure, make, etc., etc.)
when building from source I am using the cvs version, in which case the
driectory structure is implicitly given by repo:

cvs -d:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/dotgnu-pnet cvs
login
[just press enter here]
cvs -z3 co treecc pnetlib pnet

treecc is an aspect oriented (tree) compiler compiler, which Rhys has
developed.
pnet is the VM
pnetlib are the core libraries

I think: install treecc first, then pnet and then pnetlib
(all through ./configure ; make; make install )

> 3. After the dotGNU software is installed, how to test that I have everything
> installed correctly.
cscc is the c# compiler
ilrun is the il bytecode executer

for instance