Re: [DotGNU]New directory structure - pnetlib/tests

From: Jonathan P Springer
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]New directory structure - pnetlib/tests
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 08:40:18 -0400

Patch 544 on Savannah adds content to the new directories as identified
yesterday, as well as provide some additional tests.

I've adjusted 'run_test.sh' to execute a script 'pnet_test_setup.sh' if
it finds it in a test directory.  I plan to use the script to do things
like start lightweight local HTTP servers to support unit testing.  I'm
sure others will have even more creative things to do.  I added
'tests/System/Net/pnet_test_setup.sh' as an example, starting the HTTP
server from 'pnet/samples/httpsrv.exe'.

Finally, I added some test cases.  The bug du jour:
System.Uri("file//./some_file") throws an IndexOutOfRangeException,
rather than the expected MalformedUriException.  Of course, I'm using
System.dll from CVS, so this could have been fixed long ago.

Cheers, all.
-js

--
-Jonathan P Springer <address@hidden>
"A standard is an arbitrary solution to a recurring problem." - Joe Hazen