Re: [DotGNU]I want to contribute

From: Roland Ljungh
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]I want to contribute
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2002 12:49:38 +0200

lol  ..  so do we all.

hehe, so I will tell you then;)
When you build webservices with MS framework you are locked in to their platform and tools. This means that when/if you're not satisfied with e.g. scalability, maintainability, performance, security etc then your only hope is that MS does a better job with the next release. Seems familiar?

J2EE, on the other hand, is a open (open enough?) standard with a number of free (as in gratis) and non-free implementations. With J2EE you DON'T have a vendor lock-in.

You see what I'm saying? You should (only my opinion of course) support an alternative for those that have (or have 2 years from now) .NET web services and are not satisfied by their vendor. Here you can make success because people are willing to try cheap alternatives to their expensive solutions that doesn't work well. Why listen to me? Well... don't! point your browser to jboss.org and read how it's done!

There are many parts and pieces.  Amoung those parts
is the VRS (Virtual Remote Server) that is dealing
with network presentation aspects of the whole thing.
And we are interested in supporting all protocols that
are possible, which is why I ask of J2EE.

Hmmm... maybe I just don't understand what your saying but firstly J2EE is not a protocol;) and secondly you support integration with J2EE by supporting e.g. soap or JMS.

Hoping I'm not beeing a complete fool...
/Rolle