Re: [DotGNU]I want to contribute

From: Gopal.V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]I want to contribute
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 19:32:47 +0530

If memory serves me right, Ravi Mishra wrote:
> I would like to contribute to dotgnu project.

Welcome to DotGNU !.

> My background is 7 yrs of c/c++/java development experience. Currently I
> am using j2ee on linux environment. Earlier I used to code mfc on
> windows environment.

A Java developer !, ideal for Portable.NET . C# is almost a "reinvention"
of Java with some features like delegates (function pointers), operator
overloading etc..

Also J2EE is almost same in ideas to .NET (as usual).

> Also I downloaded the latest build and ran my first C# program
> on linux. Pretty cool! :)

It is about a quarter million lines -- if it isn't cool what is ?.
Also if you run into *any* problem, mail me or Rhys (or better
submit a bug report in Savannah).

Also we'll soon be supporting Java bytecode in Portable.NET .

> Please let me know if I could be of any help to the project.

AAH !, I really didn't expect this question . We really need
a lot of good programmers -- and your experience fits the bill.
I can help you if you have some doubts on contributing.

Gopal.V

PS:Are you *in* India ?.
--
 The difference between insanity and genius is only measured by success