Re: [DotGNU]I want to contribute

From: Chris Smith
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]I want to contribute
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 18:28:43 +0100

On Thursday 04 April 2002 18:01, Gopal.V wrote:
> At the DotGNU meet-a-thon we had some discussion about a protocol
> proxy/gateway -- ie a SOAP/XMLRPC based internet layer and a CORBA based
> local layer. So we can extend exisiting apps easily. *NOT IMPLEMENTED YET*
> Maybe that answers your question ?.

Part of the VRS project is to ensure interoperability with other dotGNU
efforts.

Of course VRS doesn't care about the 'internal' protocols used by others, but
*DOES* care about the internet side of things.  This includes service
discovery proceedures/protocols.

Is there some way we can tie discussions together to make sure that a common
internet interface is developed/documented etc????

This is really important from where I see it - and another reason why the VRS
is being designed to use 'gateway' modules that provide cross-protocol
operation, right from the early stages (such as the Jabber gateway I
mentioned previously).  We want the VRS to look like a single dotGNU server,
even though it's a cluster, and so should exhibit all the attributes of any
other dotGNU server.

I'm building an XML gateway as my day job currently, and will feed this
research and development back into the VRS/dotGNU sphere.

If anyone has any views/ideas etc on SOAP/XML-RPC wrt dotGNU et al.
then  P L E A S E  let me know.  I want to do The Right Thing (tm).

Cheers!
--
Chris Smith
  Technical Architect - netFluid Technology Limited.