[DotGNU]Re: J2EE Support in VRS

From: Ravi Mishra
Subject: [DotGNU]Re: J2EE Support in VRS
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2002 05:38:21 -0800

Bill Lance wrote:

> I'm more likely to be showing my ingnorance.  What I'm
> saying is that we hope to have J2EE support in the VRS
> Services Manager, whatever that may intail.

One possible solution is letting 'Virtual Machine based Component
Server' in VRS support both CLI/Pnet and JVM. Something like servlet
container to run  servlets, JSPs, EJBs, SOAP web services and in turn
other J2EE services such as JMS, JNDI, JDBC etc...

Or build J2EE connector for Pnet virtual machine. Something like mod_jk
connector for Apache/Tomcat. This connector can effectively route all
traffic to servlet container thus enabling J2EE services.

Does it make sense?

Thanks,
Ravi
------