Re: [DotGNU]DotGNU/Jabber Meeting of Oct 12

From: Norbert Bollow
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]DotGNU/Jabber Meeting of Oct 12
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 12:07:12 +0200

tali streit <address@hidden> wrote:

> i don't know about anyone else, but i seem to lose track between all the
> "Services", "Frameworks", "Platforms" etc. maybe we should draw up a
> clear set of definitions as used by dotGNU?

Feel free to propose some definitions :-)

> Also, I have been wanting to draw a diagram comparing .NET, dotGNU, all
> things JAVA, and Mono. can I post it here as a PNG attachment?

Posting attachments to mailing lists is not normally a good
idea.  It's much better to put the image on a website and post a
link to it.  If you don't have a website that you can use for
this, please email the image to address@hidden and we'll
put it up and give you a link that you can use.

> > [18:31] <theo> both of which could be managed as the userb wants,
> > likely from a central "location" (like their home computer)
>
> I must be misunderstanding - why would someone become a "dotgnu member"?

This was mentioned as an example only, but the dotgnu.org
website might have some "members only" features, such as for
example the ability to vote on some matters relating to DotGNU.
(If voting and/or polling is introduced, there needs to be some
kind of registration, otherwise it becomes a pure contest of
"which side cheats more" :-)

Greetings, Norbert.

--
A member of FreeDevelopers and the DotGNU Steering Committee: dotgnu.org
Tel +41 1 972 20 59       Fax +41 1 972 20 69      http://thinkcoach.com