Re: no interaction print view to main window on linux

From: Ramon Dor
Subject: Re: no interaction print view to main window on linux
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2020 18:07:16 +0200

nope Richard...
a new file does not solve the problem - print view stays stuck on the same message.
I have however run the right mouse dropdown : typeset this lilypond text from within the lilypond text window of denemo.
and at the bottom, the status line does print typesetting, and then concatenating '....done' to it.
corrupting the lilypond text and repeating the action results in errors, so the LP compilation is ok

On Sat, 3 Oct 2020 at 17:53, Richard Shann <richard@rshann.plus.com> wrote:
On Sat, 2020-10-03 at 17:47 +0200, Ramon Dor wrote:
> I have created a title, which is indeed tagged with the scheme:(d-
> BookTitle)
> clicking on it, however does not produce any action.
> I think you idea of executing the image file containing all
> dependencies is good, yet when I run it, the print view only
> displays:
> invalid! try Score->check score ...
> lilypond could not typeset this score.
> so I cannot test the links

When you have that try File->New
and see if it typesets that.

 (The point being, Denemo loads the last used file by default. I am
guessing you have been using LilyPond 2.20 and when you switch to the
AppImage it uses the bundled LilyPond 2.18 which won't work with your
last used file without changing the LilyPond version number which has
been saved with that file. Starting a new score will avoid that.)