Re: no interaction print view to main window on linux

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: no interaction print view to main window on linux
Date: Sat, 03 Oct 2020 15:00:31 +0100

On Sat, 2020-10-03 at 15:09 +0200, Ramon Dor wrote:
> Dear all,
> Have just joined this list, and wanted to first thank all the devs
> for the great work done so far!
> I'm a professional dev / architect and musician myself and wish to
> start contributing / implementing some ideas I've been carrying
> around. I think Denemo might be a good platform to build on.
> but before I could even get starting... I hit a snag:
> the print view on linux (ubuntu 19) does not respond to clicking. I'd
> expect it to affect the cursor in the main window as it does on my
> windows machine. have tried both 2.4.0 and 2.4.3. any suggestions?
> the hand icon appears as I hover above a note, yet clicking on a note
> does not have any effect.
Does the tooltip saying what the link is show if you hover on a note
(i.e. hand pointer is showing).
I take it that a left click on the note fails to cause playback to
start?
If you have the View->LilyPond window open, does clicking on the note
move the cursor in the that window? (You have to click on the title bar
of the LilyPond window to make the cursor visible, though you can see
the change in the highlighted line number on the left without doing
that).
I think it would be good to launch Denemo from a terminal, then when
you click on a note look for any message in the terminal - it may be
that the back-tracking to the relevant note object in the Denemo
Display is failing...