Re: no interaction print view to main window on linux

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: no interaction print view to main window on linux
Date: Sat, 03 Oct 2020 15:49:36 +0100

I didn't notice that you hadn't replied to the list, so this is to
correct for that, but in addition since writing I realize that I should
clarify that the "textedit:" links are a LilyPond feature, not internal
to Denemo. But they should be there...

On Sat, 2020-10-03 at 16:17 +0200, Ramon Dor wrote:
> hi Richard, thanks for your quick reply!
> started from the terminal.
> left clicking on a note in the print view window (when the hand-
> pointer is showing on hover) has no effect at all.
> terminal prints no errors / warnings, in fact, nothing at all beyond
> the line:
> "Log level set to 287"
> Lilypond window is not affected either.
> do the terminal messages on startup have anything to do with it? (I
> assume they have to do only with Alsa / Jack)
> "Cannot connect to server socket err = No such file or directory"
> "Cannot connect to server request channel"

yes, I'm afraid those are normal, the portaudio library tries various
things and reports about it.

You didn't mention whether the tooltip pops up when you have moved the
arrow pointer to a note (the "hand" pointer appears) and waited a few
seconds. This tooltip is a feature of the Evince library and the
failure of it to appear would imply that the links are not being
emitted. In fact, if you use the PDF button in the Print View to create
a pdf file and open that in a viewer it should be the case that the
notes still have a link attached to them - again (depending on the pdf
viewer used, I have atril) there may be a tooltip and it should throw
an error when you try to click the link. (Because it doesn't know what
the protocol textedit: of the link means, it being internal to Denemo).

Some other tests (with a terminal)

A right-click on a note should emit this:

Looking at target Note on grob #fwith tag #f ok?

and, if you insert a rehearsal mark (Fn9) then right click on the "A"
that appears in the typeset should report

Looking at target Object on grob RehearsalMarkwith tag RehearsalMark
ok?