Re: [Denemo-devel] Is there a way to have all pop-up windows be on top

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Is there a way to have all pop-up windows be on top
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015 11:32:05 -0500

On Mon, Oct 5, 2015 at 4:08 AM, Richard Shann <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sun, 2015-10-04 at 21:24 +0100, Richard Shann wrote:
> > I also noticed that the pallets will "disappear" behind denemo if
> > denemo's main editing screen is clicked on. Shouldn't the pallet
> > remain above but have the denemo main edit window have focus?

Yes, I think it should, and indeed I see I have put

gtk_window_set_keep_above  (GTK_WINDOW (pal->window), TRUE);

I created a patch that calls this function one line before this:
https://developer.gnome.org/gtk2/stable/GtkWindow.html#gtk-window-set-transient-for
I will see if it helps.

Jeremiah

in src/ui/palettes.c

but, as the Gtk documentation says, window managers can ignore these
requests, which is what Apple is doing I guess. Looking at this, I see a
bug - if you change to Undock a palette it doesn't acquire the
keep_above property until you re-start Denemo. I guess I need another
call to that function on undocking ...