Re: [Denemo-devel] The missing regex in mxe build

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] The missing regex in mxe build
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 16:11:35 +0000

On Thu, 2013-02-14 at 09:42 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 11:18 AM, Richard Shann
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>         On Wed, 2013-02-13 at 09:43 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
>         >
>         >
>         > On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 6:51 AM, Richard Shann
>         > <address@hidden> wrote:
>         >         I have found out why LilyPond is not being run on
>         the new
>         >         static windows
>         >         binary:
>         >
>         >         The gspawn-win32-helper.exe program isn't found.
>         Depending on
>         >         your
>         >         GLib version. this either means that it isn't in
>         your PATH (in
>         >         GLib <
>         >         2.16) or that it isn't in the same folder where
>         >         libglib-2.0-0.dll is
>         >         (GLib >= 2.16).
>         >
>         >
>         > Our glib in mxe is 2.28.8 though. Maybe the utility is not
>         being
>         > installed with glib then.
>
>         I asked on the mxe list and the guy, Tony Theodore, there has
>         pushed a
>         fix to mexe's git which causes it to be installed. The fix is
>         just to
>         define the BIN_INSTALL directory. This builds ok,
>
> Did he submit it to the stable or master branch of mxe. Which branch
> are you using?
I am not using git, I just downloaded your directory and as the change
is just to delete the bit saying
bin_PROGRAMS=
which by saying the bin_PROGRAMS is unset stops it installing the bin
stuff (I think)
I just edited my guile.mk and re-built.
He gave this as the commit:
https://github.com/mxe/mxe/commit/1eefbe8b1dd34b02ac6a89d6ff05080a3771d36a

>         I have tested it, but
>         cannot get it to fire off from denemo - it is not at all
>         obvious where
>         glib will look for the helper program with a static build, it
>         doesn't
>         seem to find it in the path, and we don't have a .dll, though
>         if we did
>         it would be where I have put gspawn_win32_helper.exe, ie where
>         denemo.exe is and fluidsynth.dll, in the bin directory.
>         I'll try asking on the gtk list.
I've asked on gtk-app-devel-list-request but I think that is the wrong
list, I should use gtk-list-request. I'll re-send if I get no response.

>          Did your LDADD_denemo thing work to get
>         the srfi libraries on the link line?
>
> No. I don't think so. I have not found any examples of people doing
> this in autoconf. I can't test it either because my compilation
> doesn't even make it that far. I am stuck at this missing -lcrypt
> thing.
I haven't hit that - when did it start? That is what changed that
stopped you building?

>  Its in the usr/i686*/lib dir. I don't know why it is not looking
> there. I think it is probably better to patch guile. Why aren't
> these .a files linked into the main .la. Then denemo links to
> this .la. What is it called libguile.la or something?
libguile.a is the library, it should be possible just to run ar on
libguile.a and the libsrfi-1-xxx.a and create a single library from
them, outputting to libguile.a and then go on to build denemo.

> Why isn't this header file present on my linux system other than
> inside my mxe and gub directories.
?? which header file?