Re: [Denemo-devel] The missing regex in mxe build

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] The missing regex in mxe build
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 12:53:14 -0600

On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 11:18 AM, Richard Shann <address@hidden> wrote:
On Thu, 2013-02-14 at 17:03 +0000, Richard Shann wrote:
> On Thu, 2013-02-14 at 09:42 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> >
> >         I have tested it, but
> >         cannot get it to fire off from denemo - it is not at all
> >         obvious where
> >         glib will look for the helper program with a static build, it
> >         doesn't
> >         seem to find it in the path, and we don't have a .dll, though
> >         if we did
> >         it would be where I have put gspawn_win32_helper.exe, ie where
> >         denemo.exe is and fluidsynth.dll, in the bin directory.
>
> This is fixed now - it turns out there are two helper functions the
> other one is called gspawn_win32_helper-console.exe and that is also
> built by mxe and once I installed that all was well.
> Now LilyPond is crashing, but that will be because it is being found in
> an old Denemo installation without its data path being set up before it
> is called. Either we need to combine the two builds or build LilyPond on
> mxe (yikes!) or leave it to the user to do a standard LilyPond install
> from the LilyPond website.

Now I have LilyPond successfully completing, but the evince build is
incomplete - it cannot load pdf files :(
The evince build recipe is something you have generated Jeremiah - I
expect you have built something that I have not copied across, some sort
of backend module? I think I just copied everything that was
bin/*evince* ...
or is it that some pdf backend is not built?

We are using evince 2.32.0 here. I created autoconf/make files for 2.30.3 I believe. We can revert to 2.30.3 if we need to. I have no idea if my changes to 2.30.3 actually got it working correctly or not.