Re: [Denemo-devel] The missing regex in mxe build

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] The missing regex in mxe build
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 13:51:52 -0600

For me it was in the usr/i686*/bin dir. I made a symbolic link into usr/bin. This allowed me to proceed.

Jeremiah

On Feb 17, 2013 1:10 PM, "Richard Shann" <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sun, 2013-02-17 at 17:09 +0000, Richard Shann wrote:
> On Sun, 2013-02-17 at 08:03 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> > I am sure we will encounter an issue or two. Theoretically though, we
> > should only have to create such a system like this once. Then we will
> > only have to occasionally add update the dependencies now and then. I
> > think if we are going to do dynamic, we should fork our own mxe on
> > github. We can create a sed script to replace --disable-shared
> > --enable-shared and --enable-static to --disable-static on all the
> > src/*.mk.
> Well, of the two routes (hacking evince or converting mxe to build dlls)
> I feel more confident about the first and I suspect you would be better
> at the second. The advantage of the first is that we would get mxe
> support as the libraries change over time, the disadvantage would be we
> would be on our own with any changes we might want to follow in evince.
>  I guess we should push ahead with seeing which is feasible. I'll look
> some more at evince - in principle I just need to replace the g*module*
> stuff with stuff to point directly at the ev-poppler.cc code, bringing
> that in to directly linked sources.

Well, I fell at the first hurdle. I wanted to build evince on Debian
first to trace what it did, and it would not configure for lack of
glib-compile-schemas. So I built glib and that generated
glib-compile-schemas (it isn't present on my Debian box) and I put it in
the path, but it still says it can't find it... sigh!