Re: [Denemo-devel] The missing regex in mxe build

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] The missing regex in mxe build
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 17:17:54 +0000

On Mon, 2013-02-18 at 14:20 +0000, Richard Shann wrote:
> I have made progress hacking evince to not build the evince executable
> (just hacking the Makefile.in files directly).
> Now Denemo is linking to evince statically (with libpdfdocument
> resolving the register_evince_backend()) but there seems to be no
> poppler library to link to. What does poppler.mk build?
> As it is Denemo fails to link now because
>
> /home/rshann/mxe/usr/i686-pc-mingw32/lib/evince/3/backends/libpdfdocument.a(ev-poppler.o):
>  In function `Z29pdf_document_images_get_imageP17_EvDocumentImagesP8_EvImage':
> /home/rshann/mxe/tmp-evince/evince-2.32.0/backend/pdf/ev-poppler.cc:1368:
> undefined reference to `poppler_document_get_page'
>
> Do you know what needs to be done with poppler to get this resolved?

I don't know how I failed to see the libpoppler. Now that is resolved
but it wants the c++ library and is only getting the C library. I can't
find anywhere what the name of the standard C library is. It seems it
could be libglibc.a but there is nothing of that name that I can find
(remarkably the glibc website omits to mention the name of the library
it will install).
The C++ library is required I guess because the pdf backend code is
a .cpp file...
Any thoughts on this - nothing under mxe/usr/i686*/lib seems to be the
right thing?