Re: [Denemo-devel] The missing regex in mxe build

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] The missing regex in mxe build
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 12:50:57 +0000

On Tue, 2013-02-12 at 12:19 +0000, Richard Shann wrote:
> > I have built test-gtk2.exe and that works ok. So I have put together
> > the
> > following test for libregex.a, this works on my Debian stable. I'll
> > see
> > if I can get mxe to build it.
>
> I succeeded in getting mxe to build test-regex.exe and it fails with
> the
> unknown target exception on startup. So it would seem this library has
> fundamental problem, presumably wrong flags to build it. (Why gcc
> doesn't complain I can't imagine).

Well adding --disable-shared to regex.mk caused the build to fail, but
not before it had generated the .a library correctly.

without --disable-shared the libraries generated are

-rw-r--r-- 1 rshann rshann   225706 Feb 12 12:35 libregex.a
-rwxr-xr-x 1 rshann rshann      806 Feb 12 12:40 libregex.la
-rwxr-xr-x 1 rshann rshann    10068 Feb 12 12:40 libregex.dll.a

with --disable-shared I get

-rwxr-xr-x 1 rshann rshann      781 Feb 12 12:42 libregex.la
-rw-r--r-- 1 rshann rshann   225706 Feb 12 12:42 libregex.a

Linking against this denemo.exe runs correctly, and the regex matcher is
working (you can test by changing the instrument name on a staff - it
uses regex matching to find the former name).

So (apart from fixing the complaint in the regex build - fortunately it
is not listed as a dependency of denemo.mk so denemo builds against the
broken regex build) we now have everything apart from finding LilyPond
at run time ...