[certi-dev] Re: [Flightgear-devel] FlightGear goes HLA 1.3

From: Martin Spott
Subject: [certi-dev] Re: [Flightgear-devel] FlightGear goes HLA 1.3
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 23:21:13 +0200

Hi Petr - Cc: to the list,

On Tue, Jul 01, 2008 at 10:10:42PM +0200, Petr Gotthard wrote:

> >Who is supposed to read the .fed file: FlightGear itself, the RTIA or
> >the RTIG ? I'm running FlightGear (and therefore the RTIA as well) on a
> >Linux workplace machine, the RTIG is running on my internet gateway
> >machine (the Sun SPARC) .... actually to allow other federates
> >contacting the same RTIG - some day :-)
> >Is the RTIG the only place that requires reading the .fed ?
>
> I think both RTIA and RTIG need a .fed file. FlightGear just starts RTIA.

I just found out that RTIG searches for the .fed file in the _current_
directory:

bash-3.00# id
uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=[...]
bash-3.00# pwd
/root
bash-3.00# /opt/CERTI/bin/rtig

Now RTIG expects to find /root/VirtualAir.fed ! Pointing to the
respective directory using $CERTI_FED:

bash-3.00# echo $CERTI_FED
/opt/CERTI/share/federations
bash-3.00# ls -l $CERTI_FED
total 3
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          673 Jul  2 13:27 Test.fed
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          760 Jul  2 13:27 Test.xml
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          957 Jun 29 17:48 VirtualAir.fed

....  doesn't work - something that probably could be solved a bit more
elegant with the next release of CERTI.

Cheers,
        Martin.