Re: [certi-dev] Re: [Flightgear-devel] FlightGear goes HLA 1.3

From: Martin Spott
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] Re: [Flightgear-devel] FlightGear goes HLA 1.3
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 10:05:08 +0000 (UTC)

"Eric Noulard" wrote:

> Thank you for your commitment in testing/using CERTI.

Hey, if you sense any sort of charitable action in my testing, then
you're totally wrong - this is purely driven by selfishness  :-))

Basically I'm sensing the chance to have FlightGear participate in
mixed simulation environments (together with X-Plane and M$FS being one
of the available options one day) and I'm just trying to participate in
making this happen ....
In the past years we had numerous discussions about how to interconnect
FlightGear with other PeeCee-based simulations and none of them lead to
a reasonable option.

One of the most recent ideas was to implement connectors for X-Plane
and M$FS to participate in the FlightGear MultiPlayer network ....  and
then Petr announced his HLA plugin, thus offering a comparatively
'untainted' platform for such a mixed simulation. That's all  ;-)

Regards,
        Martin.