Re: [certi-dev] Re: [Flightgear-devel] FlightGear goes HLA 1.3

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] Re: [Flightgear-devel] FlightGear goes HLA 1.3
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 10:19:03 +0200

2008/7/3 Martin Spott <address@hidden>:
> Hi Eric,
>
> "Eric Noulard" wrote:
>
>> New federation: Test
>> Looking for FOM file...
>>    Trying... Test.fed --> cannot access.
>
> I ran 'rtig' in 'truss' (would be 'strace' on Linux) and thereby I
> found out that this first very lookup is being made in the current
> working directory.
>
>> I should agree that the CERTI_HOME + share/federations may be awkward
>> we may add CERTI_FED envar which could be a list of paths.
>
> Thanks for your elaborate explanations !

In fact we should collate such informations in some "User Manual"
we lack time to do it even if we know it is important for user
to have it.

Moreover, we did not push too much effort in doc, because some part
of CERTI were moving so we could start writing something
useful when moving parts stabilize.

The time will come :=)

> I noticed that you already
>
>  setenv CERTI_FED $CERTI_HOME/share/federations
>
> in the 'myCERTI_env.csh'  file (and the respective Bourne Shell
> counterpart), so I assumed this variable is already being honoured by
> the RTIG as being the first place to look for the .fed. To my personal
> opininon/experience the evaluation of $CERTI_FED would be the best
> choice, so you always could have:
>
>  env CERTI_FED=.... $CERTI_HOME/bin/rtig

CERTI_FED was meant for what you think in the first place
thus it's definition in the script(s)
However RTIG  source code is not in sync with it :=)

> I'll go and re-check environment evaluation of 'rtig' this evening.

OK,
Thank you for your commitment in testing/using CERTI.