Re: [certi-dev] Re: CERTI Java-binding ?;

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] Re: CERTI Java-binding ?;
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 16:36:15 +0200

2008/7/2 Gotthard,Petr <address@hidden>:
> Martin,
>
>> As far as I have understoood the CERTI layout, RTIA is only
>> being used for _writing_ to the RTIG but _reading_ from RTIG
>> is being done straight inside libRTI alias libCERTI. True ?
>
> I think not. There are channels RTIG--RTIA and RTIA--libRTI. There
> should be no channel RTIG--libRTI.

Petr is right,

RTIA is the sole RTI representative for the Federate.
Fedarate speak exclusively to RTIA
RTIA only speaks to RTIG.

Concerning UAV/RAV,

RAV are sent to RTIG by the Federate RTIA,
then UAV is broadcasted to appropriate RTIA
by the RTIG.

Currently in CERTI there is no "fully distributed" knowledge
of the subsriber/publisher structure which would be necessary for
the "peer-to-peer" communication you describe.

Avoiding RTIG "central point" is another long time goal, and this
one is both interesting _and_ difficult, idea or reference are
welcome :=)