[be] BE 3.8

From: Kim Blewett
Subject: [be] BE 3.8
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2009 16:51:13 +1000

Dear Teus,
I've now been using BE "for real" this week. I just installed version 3.8 and I'm very happy with it, and with the bibledit-documents that's now available as a help file, as we have very poor internet access here (in PNG). You've done a great job with this help file.

Thanks so much for your hard work! I think it's going to work nicely for Balsa users. The print to PDF function is very nice, also the OpenDocument export. I set up synchronization to a usb stick yesterday; we'll see how that goes.

Somehow, when I installed 3.8 I seem to have "lost" a couple of features:
1. Key Terms no longer gives me an "All" choice under Collections.
2. I can't find a way to "search" for a Key Term—there used to be one, didn't there?

3. In Show Project Notes, the choice of whether the current verse's note shows at the top, bottom or centred is no longer showing. I liked this choice. Now, if I'm working in 1PE 4, sometimes all my notes for ch 3-4 can't be found; the end of the file appears to be ch 2 and I can't figure out how to get to the later ones. The vertical scrollbar is down at the bottom of the window and won't scroll farther. Then a bit later the notes for ch 4 appear again for a while.

4. I thought I'd seen a way to "lock" the USFM markers so that they can't be deleted accidentally. I can't find this now; am I dreaming (maybe I saw it in a different program)? Is there a way to do this?

Thanks again for doing a great job with Bibledit!
Kim