[be] Re: foot-notes and cross-references (Teus Benschop)

From: Teus Benschop
Subject: [be] Re: foot-notes and cross-references (Teus Benschop)
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2009 14:48:49 +0200

Hi Pooyan,

I am cc-ing the list so they know what's going on.

Looking at the PDF that was sent I can see that the cross references are
on top of the footnote. It looks like this is a bug caused by the
right-to-left nature of the Farsi language. If you'd like to have this
fixed then you could submit a bug report at
https://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/bibledit.
Once the report is there, the fix will come after some time.
It would be helpful if the book in USFM format could be attached to the
bug report, so that if it is going to be fixed and one works on it, it
can be tried using that data.

Sorry for the inconvenience, the cause probably being that we are not
yet used to languages such as Farsi and other Arabic ones which run from
the right to the left.

It is possible to switch footnotes off in the stylesheet under the "f"
style, and cross-references can be switched off through the "x" marker.
If these are off, at least it looks more presentable since there are no
texts running one on top of the other.

Teus.