Re: [be] How to sync with Paratext

From: Teus Benschop
Subject: Re: [be] How to sync with Paratext
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 19:19:10 +0200

There used to be a link feature that would do the job you require to be
done. But this feature was messy and could cause trouble for either
Paratext or Bibledit, because various things were not checked but just
done blindly, for example, the encoding of the file was always UTF-8
after Bibledit had written to Paratext's files. So it was removed, and
replaced by a real collaboration system. However, this new collaboration
system does not yet, at this time, work together with Paratext. So at
this stage the only option that you have is to export the USFM files
from Paratext and then import these into Bibledit, or else to export the
files from Bibledit and then to import these into Paratext. Of course
another option is to speak to the consultant whether he cannot be
convinced to allow the the translation to be in bibledit too, however
your changes of success might be less here. Setting up a collaboration
system, at this stage, does not help much, because bibledit's
collaboration system works with one file per chapter. And the files are
stored in folders like <book>/<chapter>. Well, PT also works with files
that have one chapter in them, so possible with a bit of scripting one
can make a bit of glue between these two.

About the Translator's Handbook, to make a Resource out of that, are
these handbooks in USFM format? If so there's a procedure described in
the helpfiles that should do the trick.

Teus.