Re: [be] BE and git-- I can't fetch it! (executable bits set on Makefile

From: Jonathan Marsden
Subject: Re: [be] BE and git-- I can't fetch it! (executable bits set on Makefile.am ?)
Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 01:58:15 -0700

Teus,

One minor oddity I found in the bibledit-gtk 4.2 tarball is that the
various Makefile.am files in it have the executable bit set.  You can't
run a Makefile.am, so that is an error, and lintian flags it as such...

I suspect you will want to set the properties of these files in git to
not be executable, or else do something to strip that exec bit from them
when the tarballs are being created.

This doesn't actually cause anything to fail, but it was a slightly
unusual warning that it gave me :)

Thanks,

Jonathan