Re: [be] bibledit 4.2 packages are in Debian unstable

From: Teus Benschop
Subject: Re: [be] bibledit 4.2 packages are in Debian unstable
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 11:01:32 +0200

> OK, I got bibledit-gtk 4.2-1 approved and into Debian unstable :)

This is a great milestone, and I am happy about it.

> either (A) it can detect xetex, and work around it being missing (maybe
> greying out menu items that *need* xetex?), in which case it does not
> depend on xetex.

Bibledit-Gtk gives a message if it does not find xetex, so that the user
is aware of it and the function that would use it does not work till
such time that xetex is installed, so Bibledit-Gtk detects it.

Not all users may be able to install xetex, or know how to do it. They
would have a problem if xetex does not get installed right at the start.
Xetex is included with the texlive-xetex package, and it is quite a
sizeable install. And that may be another problem too if disk space is
short.

Teus