Re: [be] BE and git-- I can't fetch it! (bibledit 4.2 packages are in PP

From: Jonathan Marsden
Subject: Re: [be] BE and git-- I can't fetch it! (bibledit 4.2 packages are in PPA)
Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 01:42:03 -0700

On 05/12/2011 11:37 PM, Jonathan Marsden wrote:

> On 05/12/2011 11:29 PM, Neil Mayhew wrote:

>> On 2011-05-13 00:09, Teus Benschop wrote:

>>> Jonathan has assisted a lot with packaging. Jonathan, do you perhaps
>>> have some spare time?

> Not really, but I'll give it a quick try :)

Now I remember what happened when I tried to package 4.1... it didn't
clean up well after itself, the changes to Makefile.in and Makefile
caused by autoconf were not reverted in the clean target... so it broke
for uploads, dput complains about checksum differences... brrr.

Well, it ended up needing getting rid of CDBS completely, and rewriting
debian/rules to use the newer (simpler, in the end!) dh style...

Anyway, I *think* I have packages clean enough I can upload them to the
pkgcrosswire stable PPA now.  I've uploaded them for Lucid, Natty,
Maverick and Oneiric.

[Note for Neil: on Lucid, to build them you will first need to grab
dh-autoconf from lucid-backports ].

If you need 4.2.67 to be packaged officially, please first persuade Teus
to release it as a tarballed official bibledit-gtk release :)

NEXT STEPS:

Now I've done this work, *please* provide me some feedback about how
well or badly these packages work for others.  If they seem fine, I'll
try to find time to build them on Debian and get them officially into
Debian unstable, so we can sync them into Ubuntu's official repos for
the 11.10 Oneiric release.

Thanks,

Jonathan