Re: [avrdude-dev] Initial STK600 support committed to CVS

From: Dave N6NZ
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Initial STK600 support committed to CVS
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 14:39:39 -0800

Joerg Wunsch wrote:

For the XML -> XML transformation, I lean towards using XSLT but only
if it doesn't get too much into our way.
Yes. XSLT allows all things, does all things. Finding the appropriate declarative formulation can be a challenge :) But if we use existing, standard tools instead of rolling our own we are way ahead in the long run. But I will admit that XSLT coding is non-trivial. Even so, J. Random Hacker will be able to contribute patches to a style sheet more easily than a home grown tool that he has to learn from scratch, simply because XSLT is well documented -- and none of us has to do the documenting. :)

-dave