Re: [avrdude-dev] ppi speed-tuning ;-)

From: Brian Dean
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] ppi speed-tuning ;-)
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 18:15:33 -0500

Following up on my own post ...

On Sun, Nov 23, 2003 at 12:00:01AM -0500, Brian Dean wrote:

> Just FYI, I was preparing some boards for shipping today and doing
> my usual diagnostics testing.  I was using this patch and was
> getting verify errors after download.  I backed out the patch and
> the verifies then worked correctly.

This may have been the result of an unfortunate sequence of events on
my part.  I was rather busy at the time this happened so I didn't get
a chance to diagnose the problem fully.  But I think that all the
verify failures occured after I CTRL-C'd AVRDUDE and then restarted
it.  This doesn't seem to work right with a PPI programmer, though I
don't ever recall having a problem with the STK500.

But it just turns out that after I saw a few failures like this, I
didn't clue-in on that it might have been because of CTRL-C'ing.
Thus, I backed out the latest PPI code and didn't see any more verify
failures and thus I thought that it might have been the cause.
Chances are that I just didn't CTRL-C out any more.  So the patch
back-out may have just been a red-herring and that didn't fix the
problem - the original problem is probably that AVRDUDE may not
re-initialize the chip correctly after being CTRL-C'd.

-Brian