Re: [avr-libc-dev] Feature wishlisht

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] Feature wishlisht
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 07:54:46 +0100

As Weddington, Eric wrote:

> Well, certainly there is *some* testing, but as you can see it could
> certainly use improvement.

In particular, it might need more testcases.

> Ideally, it should be tested for all devices, but that's now well
> over 100 devices.

That wouldn't have helped in the delay cycles issue though.  The
problem there is that it's extremely difficult to monitor and verify
the delay timing with the limited resources of the simulator (though
it's not impossible; at least the gross miscalculation of *4 should
have been possible to catch, indeed).

Ideally, with any such bug we are fixing and closing, we should
accompany it by a testcase that:

. demonstrates the bug before the fix is applied, and
. verifies the bug is fixed afterwards.

Unfortunately, that causes the time to finally apply bugfixes to
multiply by at least 10.