Re: [avr-libc-dev] [RFC] Conditional poisoning of deprecated items

From: David A. Mellis
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] [RFC] Conditional poisoning of deprecated items
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 08:14:10 -0500

Alternatively, is there a way to make this the default, but generate
warnings, not errors, for the use of deprecated items?  That would
make it clear that people are using something that's been deprecated,
but allow them to ignore the warning and proceed if they wish.  Then
there could be an option to disable the warnings, or to turn the
warnings into errors.

(Or are warnings already generated for deprecated items?)