RE: [avr-libc-dev] Adding (some) Procyon AVRlib functionality toavr-libc

From: Weddington, Eric
Subject: RE: [avr-libc-dev] Adding (some) Procyon AVRlib functionality toavr-libc
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 13:00:30 -0600

Here's the objection that I have: Procyon AVRLib is no longer maintained, or at
least doesn't seem to be. If we create an alternative, and it stays maintained,
then it will get the name recognition. The Procyon stuff will just fade away.
It's not like we will have to continue to compete with that project. So,
personally I don't see it as such a big deal with the names being close.

Plus it has the advantage that it will be part of the larger avr-libc project.
It will be included in the WinAVR distribution. So it will get name recognition.