RE: [avr-libc-dev] Nice to have: XCK Definition

From: Weddington, Eric
Subject: RE: [avr-libc-dev] Nice to have: XCK Definition
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 10:08:52 -0600

Hi Frédéric,

The vector number names in your patch should have a different format, like so:
INT0_vect_num

It should be <name>_vect_num. This is the format that newer header files are
using.

In reviewing this, I still have a hard time with this format:
+#define DDR_SS         DDRB
+#define PORT_SS        PORTB
+#define PIN_SS         PINB
+#define SS_IDX         0

I think that it will be frustrating to the user that the format is:
DDR_<name>
PORT_<name>
PIN_<name>
<name>_IDX

It's inconsistent. Are there any clues that we can derive from the datasheets
about the index value?

In a way I actually prefer the <name>_<function> format, even if it doesn't
match the datasheet. It's easier to remember as the naming scheme resembles OO
constructs.

Does anyone else have a preference?

BTW, thanks again Frédéric for doing the work on this. I know there's a lot of
header files to cover.

Eric Weddington