Re: [avr-libc-dev] newbie question - attiny88 on Ubuntu

From: Allan Macdonald
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] newbie question - attiny88 on Ubuntu
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 12:56:02 -0300

Ruud,

Your script works!  I successfully built the toolchain, and when I
compiled my project, the target hex object file is identical to one I
had already created using WinAVR-20081205 and the same project
sources.  I specified the install directory $HOME/local/avr and, as
such, did not have to run as root.

I tried Bingo's scripts too (I also redefined PREFIX=$HOME/local/avr)
and, although the toolchain built successfully and I can compile and
link my project without errors, the resulting hex image is not
identical.  Is the difference GCC-4.2.2 vs. GCC-4.3.3?

Many thanks to all who helped.

Allan