Re: [avr-libc-dev] reconf

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] reconf
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 10:23:48 +0100

As Russell Shaw wrote:

> I'd guess it's the most obvious way. Autoconf just reads
> AC_PREREQ(2.59) and compares that number with itself.

So what does it do if the version doesn't match?

It doesn't work.  What then?  How do I get out of this dilemma?

You still don't understand, it seems.  As the auto* developers once
had chosen to not maintain backwards compatibility anymore, so you
cannot use the infrastructure written for old versions, and still
process it with newer versions, they have forced the remainder of the
world to install multiple versions in parallel.

> /usr/bin/autoconf is just a bash
> script.

No, it does not exist at all.  Not even /usr/local/bin/autoconf does
exist on my machine.  Only autoconf213, autoconf253, autoconf259.