Re: [avr-libc-dev] Release philosofy questions

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] Release philosofy questions
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 09:46:00 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 23 Oct 2002, Joerg Wunsch wrote:

:) As E. Weddington wrote:
:)
:) > Correct me if I'm wrong :-), but according to
:) > http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/develop.html#future
:) > it looks like the tentative release date for 3.3 is Dec. 15, 2002
:) > (assuming no slip).
:) >
:) > So it looks like avrlibc has about 2 months to finalize for a 1.0(.0)
:) > release.
:)
:) Well, nobody would be angry with us if we really release 1.0 somewhat
:) earlier than gcc 3.3. ;-)  But given that there are still a number of
:) items in the todo list, i wouldn't expect it to be much earlier
:) anyway.

I agree. If we're ready before gcc-3.3, we'll release, but will need to
make sure that there is a gcc tarball accessible (I've been making
snapshots of the tools and will continue with that).

OT: Joerg, don't forget to update the NEWS file with the new interfaces
you've added. Also, could you make a simple test program available so I
can start reviewing the new stuff? (I've been a bad boy and haven't looked
at it yet, sorry :-( )

Ted Roth